email@example.com | 616.304.1218
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Grand Valley State University 2008 (Trinity Christian College in Chicago,2003-2005)
- 12 years of experience in Employee Benefits
- State of Michigan Licensed Life & Health Agent
- Licensed Insurance Counselor (LIC), State of Michigan
- Member of the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU) and West Michigan Association of Health Underwriters (WMAHU)Member
- Blue Cross Blue Shield and Blue Care Network of Michigan Agent Advisory CouncilMember
- Priority Health Agent Advisory Council
- Associate Member, Physician’s Health Plan (PHP) Agent Advisory Council
- Member, Holland/Zeeland Young Professionals
- Nominated, Grand Rapids Business Journal’s 40 under 40
- Volunteer, Kids Food Basket
Zach joined Edge Insurance Group in May of 2018 with a passion for aiding in the growth and success of the Edge Insurance Group Team. He recently left one of Michigan’s largest multi-line agencies where his vision led to the growth and success of his team there, building it from a department of two employees to twelve over the course of three years. His background ranges from a focus on Voluntary Benefit strategies, to various benefit data entry and implementation procedures, Client Sales & Service in both Small and Large group markets, and team Management & Growth. He has worked in many facets of the Employee Benefits industry, rounding out his experience and knowledge to be able to relay these skills to clients of all sizes and industries.
He has extensive experience in strategic solutions to client’s employee benefit programs, not only in trending cost containment ideas but also in employee attraction and retention. He is excited and proud to be a part of the wonderful team at Edge Insurance Group! Zach was born and raised in Kalamazoo, Michigan where he was (and still is!) 1 of 5 children. His Father was the owner of the Dow R. Haan Insurance Agency in Parchment, Michigan which was started by Zach’s Grandfather in 1937. Zach currently lives in Holland, Michigan, enjoying the Lakeshore with his wife and their three young children. Zach enjoys spending time with his family and friends from Kalamazoo to Grand Rapids to Holland and across the country, playing golf in his free time, landscaping and lawn maintenance, extremely novice woodworking, and being actively involved in various church activities.